Header Image Source: Okotoks Instagram
Okotoks is a bedroom community just 15 minutes away from Calgary. With a population of around 30,000, the town has a close-knit and family-friendly community. It also has a lot of different activities that the residents can take part in all year round.
One of Okotoks’ biggest charms is its rural, small-town vibe while still having easy access to cities and other more urban areas. This town has something for people of all age groups, locals and visitors alike.
Okotoks communities each have things to offer, so check out some of the neighbourhoods in the area. For one, Drake Landing is a community that uses solar energy for its heating systems. Westridge, on the other hand, has a mix of traditional and modern houses that give the community a beautifully unique vibe.
Things to Do in Okotoks
Before diving into the local scene of Okotoks, here are some of the places to see and activities to try while visiting the community.
Okotoks Art Gallery
The Okotoks Art Gallery is a good place to check out when you’re in town. It’s built on an old railway station. It also offers information about the little town of Okotoks and showcases crafts made by the locals.
Sheep River Provincial Park
The Sheep River Provincial Park is a natural park where you can go camping. It also has a wildlife sanctuary that takes care of bighorn sheep. Lastly, this park offers activities like hiking, horseback riding, and skiing.
Okotoks Off-Leash Dog Park
If you’ve taken your dog with you on your travel to Okotoks, you might want to check out their off-leash dog park and let your pet have some fun. This park was built to give canines an enclosed space where they can play freely and safely.
If you’re into extreme sports and want to try something new, you can go slacklining in Okotoks. It has certain guidelines that need to be followed and is only allowed in select places, but trying it out is sure to give you a lot of fun.
Okotoks Recreation Centre
One good thing about Okotoks is that it has its own recreation centre where people can do a lot of different activities.
The Okotoks Recreation Center has a sauna, gymnasium, and curling rink (among others) that both residents and visitors can use. This all-in-one centre caters to the health, learning, and leisure needs of every person.
Moving to Okotoks
Image Source: Griffin Real Estate
Planning to move to Okotoks soon? First, here are the ways to improve the chances of selling your home.
Okotoks has a lot of available properties to choose from. In every neighbourhood, there is an available house hoping to be occupied by you.
- Consult with a real estate agent to make sure you find the best deal on the market. These professionals who specialize in real estate will be able to assist you as you look for the right home that meets your budget and expectations.
- After you’ve discussed with your real estate agent, it’s time to find a property up for sale. Here are some of the best properties to check out.
- Once you’ve chosen a number of houses to choose from, it’s time to do a physical inspection of the properties with your agent. If you’re unavailable for an ocular inspection, ask your agent to check the property for you.
What It’s Like Living in Okotoks
Okotoks is a community that has a lot of green spaces. There are also pathways all around town that connect everything. You can walk or go biking around these pathways to go from one place to another.
Public transportation is also subsidized for some of its residents. Apart from this, the community also has a volunteer driver program that helps its residents get to their appointments on time.
The town also has other youth initiatives and volunteer programs that aim to help the members of the community.
There are a lot of recreational activities available throughout the year. You just have to check their website and browse through their activities.
Choose the one you like, and you can immediately get yourself registered online.
The Okotoks community is indeed a great community to be a part of. All its efforts are aimed at helping each other. All the activities and services are being offered for the benefit of the people.
Whichever neighbourhood you choose to settle in, you’ll surely feel at home in Okotoks. The warmth and sincerity of its people radiate throughout the whole place. Every visitor to this town is bound to feel some sort of attachment to the place.
Here’s a recap of things to do in the Okotoks community:
- Visit the places of interest in this small town—Art Gallery, Sheep River, Off-Leash Dog Park, Slacklining areas, and Recreation Center.
- Try out the different activities being offered all year round. Pick up a new hobby. Learn a new skill. Have fun trying new things.
- Take a stroll around the neighbourhoods in Okotoks. If you’re looking for a new place to settle in, Okotoks might just be the place for you.
- Find the neighbourhood that works best for you. Get in touch with a real estate agent to find a property that meets your budget and needs.
Don’t forget to check out our home buyer’s guide if you are planning to move into one of the best Okotoks neighbourhoods! We at Griffin Real Estate can help you find your dream home in this beautiful community!