1. Failing to have your real estate associate provide a detailed market analysis of the home’s value.
2. Failing to get an inspection on the property you are purchasing.
3. Not requiring a Real Property Report (RPR) with compliance on the property you are purchasing.
4. Making a low-ball offer and discouraging the seller from negotiating with you.
5. Failing to get pre-qualified for mortgage financing prior to making the offer to purchase.
6. Not allowing enough time to find out all of the important information, such as building inspections, permits, title examinations and any relevant municipal/community information.
7. Neglecting to work with a Buyer’s Associate.
8. Purchasing a For-Sale-By-Owner (FSBO) or other property (ex. new build), without the use of a real estateprofessional and attorney.
9. Purchasing a parcel of real estate without obtaining title insurance.
10. Not obtaining a City Inspection or copies of applicable permits!
Although the list above is not a full and comprehensive list of all pitfalls buyers make when purchasing a home, they arecommon problem areas. You can avoid dealing with the headaches that arise from overlooking these items by choosing the right REALTOR®. For further explanation of the implications of any of the pitfalls listed in this report, call me. I would be happy to discuss your specific situation and put you on my customized listing search, so that you can be the first to find out about new listings that match your specific criteria. If youwould like more information about the process of purchasing real estate, let me know, I would be happy to help you with the process!